- Grab a handy weekly planner. You’ll need about 15-17 weeks to properly train for a marathon.
- Search the web for training plans that meet your marathon goals. Though I hasten to add you need to be realistic in your planning. If you have, for instance, never run a marathon before you may want to consider solidly finishing your first over qualifying for Boston.
- Once you’ve found a good plan get your calendar out. On the days you work, block out work time.
- Every other free space you have left write in “running.” You can elaborate to match your plan later, but this is pretty much what you’ll be doing.
- Say goodbye to your friends, family, and social life.
- Begin marathon training.
Donate now for extra tips on why the above is seemingly a good idea for me for the third time.